Media relations is an essential part of PR strategy. We help tech vendors to build relationships with the right journalists, bloggers and writers and ensure their differentiators, innovation, and industry views are communicated to the marketplace.
We work from agreed, focused press lists that we create for each client – because press coverage needs to be where your prospects, customers, business partners, and stakeholders are looking.
Our differentiator? As ex-journalists and editors we understand the press. We take action, tier press and verbally pitch news to top-tier target publications, which results in a higher proportion of accurate coverage than simply issuing a release. Because it’s no longer ‘just about the press release,’ we are consistently creative in how we approach editors, reporters, and freelancers – and we get results (i.e. press coverage). And our reporting details exactly who we spoke to, their feedback and next steps – we don’t believe PR reporting should be a black box.
A few examples of campaigns and some of the press coverage achieved:
- Attitudes to risk. For a FinTech client that wanted visibility with business decision makers, we designed and conducted a survey in London and New York on risk managers to support a new product launch in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) space and secured coverage in the financial and risk press, including the core risk press, BusinessWeek, the Financial Times and an interview with the CEO on CNBC
- Technology innovation. For a New York-based technology team that had a new consumer technology product coming to market, we designed a multi-tier media strategy that resulted in coverage in the range of publications they required including a front page story on the New York Times, coverage in innovation-led sites such as WIRED and TechCrunch, plus consumer-led stories in PlayBoy, The Boston Globe, and National Geographic.
- For a division of Citrix Systems, we pitched a series of focused stories on virtualization and hypervisors to hit specific titles agreed with the client – including CNET, InfoWorld, ZDNet, and SC Magazine.
Good media work isn’t just about news – it’s ensuring that the press, analysts and influencers know how you are so your reputation as an influencer is established before relevant news happens.
When press releases are needed, our team of professional copywriters can draft compelling news releases that will get your story noticed by the right journalists and editors.
“Outstanding reporting capabilities and an unwavering drive to produce exceptional results make Prompt the ideal agency for any business looking to work with a PR team that will help that company reach the next level—whether in terms of sales, customer engagement or to boost general visibility in the press. Prompt can do it all.”
– Suzanne Butler, Group Marketing Director, smartFOCUS
“Working with Prompt is a great business decision if you’re looking for a PR agency that will be a true partner to you. They consistently exceed expectations, bring a lot of expertise to the table and will work with you to meet all your objectives and exceed them.”
– Allison O’Brien, Marketing Director, KANA